Applications are being accepted for a Director of Convention and Tourism for Marysville, KS.
This position is responsible for aggressive marketing, attraction development, visitor experience, and group travel efforts to attract travelers to Marysville, KS. This position will serve as the lead tourism representative for Marysville, KS and will work to bring conventions and new events to Marysville; develop and implement a local public relations campaign; develop promotional materials and the tourism campaign for Marysville; among other tourism related duties.
This is a part-time contract position working 25 hours per week with flexible scheduling (at times). This position is not an employee of the city; rather contracted labor. The salary ranges from $17,000-$22,000 depending on qualifications, education, and experience.
- college degree in tourism, communications, marketing or related field of study
- prior employment experience in tourism, communications, marketing or related field preferred but not required
- effective writing and communication skills
- knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite or similar software
- able and willing to travel to various tourism related events
- able and willing to work evenings, weekends and holidays based on tourism and tourist demands
- valid drivers license and access to personal transportation
- able to lift and carry 25 lbs.
Interested and qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume to:
City of Marysville
ATTN: Convention and Tourism
209 North 8th Street
Marysville, KS 66508
Application deadline is 5:00 p.m. November 11, 2016. The job starts Monday, January 2, 2017.
For further information call 785-713-9866.